I love experimenting with make up and trying new brands and products; however, I must admit, when it comes to my ‘go to’ makeup, I play it quite safe, by sticking to the same old, trust-worthy products. However, if you are interested in how I create my everyday makeup look like the picture below, then keep on reading!
Products Used –
- To start with, I use the Nivea for men sensitive post shave balm. I started using this after watching NikkieTutorials, and I must say it’s the best primer and moisturiser i’ve ever used! I dab a tiny bit into the palm of my hands and use circular motions when applying it into the skin. The consistency will then thicken and go tacky, meaning the foundation stays on for a lot longer!
- Foundation – Rimmel London Lasting Finish foundation in 100 ‘Ivory’
- Blended in with the real techniques buffing brush
- Concealer – Collection 200 lasting perfection (absolute favourite concealer, beats all the others i’ve tested, high end and drugstore!)
- Eyebrows – Rimmel London Brow This Way in 002 Light Brown. I use the wax on the left side – it’s amazing and very inexpensive!
- Applied with Zoeva 322 Angled Brow Line Brush
- For powder I use Rimmel London Stay Matte in 002 Pink Blossom for all over my face (I prefer translucent powder for an everyday look!
- Applied with Mac 187 powder brush (Don’t sweep brush across your face as it only moves the foundation and takes it off, instead push the powder into your skin with the brush by pressing it in, as this pushes the product into your skin, thus making it more long lasting)
- I also use Laura Mercier Transcluscent powder under my eyes. I keep it on for about 10 minutes whilst I do the rest of my face, also known as ‘baking’. This avoids my concealer from concealing and keeps it on for a lot longer!
- Next is bronzer! On the hollows of my cheeks I use Ted Baker Bronzer and Blush compact duo. I sometimes also use the bronzer for eyeshadow – it gives a great, glowy look! I apply this with the Real Techniques contour brush
- For highlight I use my favourite drugstore highlight which is the MUA Undress your Skin Highlighter which is applied with Real Techniques Fan Brush
- Mascara – Rimmel London Bold Curves
Ok, when it’s all listed down it does seem like an awful lot! In reality most of the time I normally just pop a bit of vaseline on my lips and rush out of the door because I’m always in a rush, haha! Anyway, what is your favourite go to make up look?
Ellen Grace X